Monday, November 10, 2014

Roasted Garlic & Cranberry Stuffing! Yum!

I'm so excited to have the help of my fellow blogger and gorgeous niece writing for the blog today! She will be sharing her mouth watering recipes and fantastic designs with Farm Girl Fresh Design. 




Hello all!!


My name is Lauren and I love all things crafty and homemade! With the swift passing of Halloween and Thanksgiving just around the corner, it’s a great time to start planning for that upcoming holiday feast!! I don’t know about you, but I LOVE hearing praises like, “That dish was AMAZING!” and “YUMMY, Can I get that recipe?!” One of the staples at our Thanksgiving dinner is my famous Roasted Garlic & Cranberry stuffing. I’m telling you, my family looks forward to this ridiculously good-looking side dish every year. This sweet and savory stuffing will definitely have your loved ones coming back for seconds and since it’s Thanksgiving… maybe even thirds! I can promise your garlic-loving guest will be doubling over with joy after enjoying this classic side dish with a unique twist!!




What you’ll need:


        2 box’s of Mrs. Cubbison’s stuffing (1 box of seasoned classic stuffing & 1 box of seasoned corn bread stuffing)

        8 garlic cloves, minced ( I have found that using fresh minced garlic cloves vs. pre-packed minced garlic makes a world of difference in your final dish so I use the motto… fresh is best!)

        1 1/2 cups cranberries, dried  

        2 cups salted butter, melted

        2 cups celery, diced (about 1/4 in.)

        2 cups onion, diced (about 1/4 in.)

        2 cups chicken broth

        1 cup apple juice

        1 cup dark brown sugar, packed


Makes approximately 14 servings. If you have a smaller gathering just divide all the ingredients in half.


Preheat oven to 375 degrees


Directions: 


In a large skillet or sauce pan, over medium heat add 3 tablespoons of your 2 c. of melted butter. Add celery and onions, sauté until lightly browned, salt and pepper veggies to preference. Reduce to low-medium heat and add your minced garlic. Garlic will burn quickly if not monitored so keep an eye out and stir often. Cook veggies and garlic until garlic is light brown, about 3 minutes. Set mixture aside.

In large mixing bowl add dried stuffing bits, cranberries, brown sugar, chicken broth and apple juice. I like to gently mix this part by hand to ensure every piece of stuffing gets evenly coated. Add sautéed veggies and remaining melted butter and mix well. Lastly, place stuffing mixture into a non-stick or buttered baking dish and securely apply tinfoil to the top. Bake 20 minutes covered, remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes uncovered or until top is lightly browned. Annnnd wah-lah!! Your very own unforgettable holiday treat!! ENJOY!




Thanks Lauren! I'm going to be making this for our holiday meal!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment