Thursday, November 13, 2014

Dollar Store Ornaments

The holidays are just around the corner and every shop in town is decked out! The other day I was walking by this cute but seriously over priced store and couldn't resist popping in. Everything was decked out in Christmas magic - shabby chic, traditional, woodland, and glamorous. In the corner of the shop a glittered ornament caught my eye. It was a cow covered in glitter. Everyone who knows me knows farm animals and glitter  are two of my favorite things! I reached down to snag it off the tree. The ornament was $14! I think not! So, I decided that I could make one from the dollar store. Here it goes. I promise if you make a few, put them on pretty ribbon on the tree, it will look kick ass.

Materials needed:

-Dollar store plastic animal
-Spray paint ( I had this one laying around)
-Matching hue of glitter (found these at dollar store)
-Picture hanging kit (eye hook?)
-Ribbon


Screw the eye hook in to the back of the plastic animal. Spray paint. Cover in glitter while paint is still wet. Allow to dry. Finish with a ribbon and hang. 







Next victim...













No comments:

Post a Comment