Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pinterest Fail!

Hi my name is D and I'm addicted to Pinterest. Hi D. Like most of you I'm sure, I was introduced to the fantastic website that has become a black hole of time! Anything you could imagine is on there- total eye candy! I could spend hours looking at everyone's pins and letting my mind skip and dance from thought to thought. With my daughter's birthday rapidly approaching I thought I could find some awesome ideas for cupcakes to bake. I did. Super cute watermelon cupcakes that looked relatively easy to do. I thought it would make her and our guests swoon. Very 'Pinteresty' as I say. Well... Pinterest Fail!
After over baking the cupcakes a bit, I figured the cute frosting and chocolate chips would mask that. Then the fantastic idea to make green icing, put it in a pastry bag and swirl the tops sounded reasonable. The bottom corner with the fittings decided to clog and as any normal human would do, I squeezed harder. What proceeded to happen was the bottom blew out! Leaving large blobs of green frosting slipping off the cupcake tops. Panic. Then, my sister- in - law came to rescue. She is a perfect type A personality- read patient. When she swooped in the spread the tops and fix blobs, I happily kept squirting the ghostbuster-esq frosting. Until, I noticed that I had been slimed too! Yuck! Guests arriving, green frosting running down my shirt and cabinets. AWESOME! In my rush to get the clog out and Hercules style strength bounding, not only did the clog come out,but so did the top of the bag! Check out these pictures. Hahaha. Do I need to say that guests nicely asked, "What are these suppose to be?"

No comments:

Post a Comment